i know i still have some readers, despite the fact that i almost never actually write anything anymore.
here is an attempt to play catch up:
- my son started basketball recently, and i have to say, seven year old boys trying to dribble is adorable
- i am knee-deep in a personal project that i hope to unveil publically in mid-marci h
- related to that: i am hoping to speak at a conference in september
- writing documentation is HARD
- today i was asked to pray for someone. i thought about it and decided i’d just hope instead.
- both my dogs are doing well. trogdor has a vet appointment soon.
- the cat has recently started living indoors. about this i am very pleased. i wish i had had the guts to insist on it, but i didn’t. instead she found a way in from the outside, so keeping her out is now pointless. hopefully, though, 987 neighbor cats won’t also discover this way in.
- humans can not come in the way she does.
- it involves a crawlspace and being able to jump like a cat can.
- at work i’m getting ready to roll out three new websites for very public entities in indianapolis. yahoo.
- i have joined smallerindiana.com, and hope to parlay it into some sort of plan to rule this city at some point.
- i am very excited about the indiana jones legos. there’s even going to be a video game.
- i am going to redesign this blog soon — related to number 2.
- i still don’t believe god exists. sorry, mom. 🙁 but: i have softened my stance from hard atheism back to agnostic. how’s that for being open-minded?
- i turned thirty-four recently. i would feel old, but i realized that people born in the mid seventies will, in all likelyhood, live to be 120 on average. so really, i’m just 25% of the way there.
- sure hope that social security holds out…
- i just at the last of the leftover pork loin we grilled last night. i have a gas grill that is both very handy, and, not as good as, a charcoal grill. oh well, it’s january: no time to stand outside and wait for charcoal to light — especially with a very curious 90 pound malemute nearby trying to nose in on everything that goes on.
- kitty says hello.
- i have started to believe we should ban ALL punctuation.
- i am going to see THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS in feb. yes!
- i just finished a glass of bell’s hopslam. holy hell is that good beer (!) . my beautiful wife got me a case, and i have been savoring each and every one that i’ve had.
- the mass ave wine shoppe has goooooooood gouda.
- google’s code tools are too hard to set up. especially SVN on mac os x. FYI
- i am still very fond of my aeropress. it makes the best coffee in the world.
- i bought a new wallet, finally. my old one was stolen in nov or something. the one i bought should arrive soon.
- i have become a big fan of twitter. everyone should use it.
- i am wearing my favorite tshirt, ever.
- i cut my hair recently, and it is almost six inches shorter. i took this photo JUST NOW.
- it’s time for bed.
2 thoughts on “life update”
I just wanted to let you know that after 4.25 years of vegetarianism, I now eat the meat again. I haven’t had pork loin yet, though! : ) Something else to look forward to, I guess.