notes from sunday morning
1: they faced ridicule
vv 1—3 sanballat was angry
“ridicule is the enemy’s oldest weapon”
– what are those feeble jews doing?
– will they restore their wall?
when someone is criticising you — just do what god has told you to do
jim just said this — amazingly, it seems to apply to marti’s vision.
LOL — “prayer is the most practical thing you can do, but…”
Jim, on prayer Sunday, May 23, 2004 9:56:51 AM
Now jim is making a good point, but doing it all wrong
Jesus did say, “watch” and he did say “pray” when he said, “watch and pray”
problem is, jims talking about “balance”
challenge number 3: rumor
10 Meanwhile, the people in Judah said, “The strength of the laborers is giving out, and there is so much rubble that we cannot rebuild the wall.”
responding to the rumors
– remember god
14Then I looked things over and told the leaders, the officials, and the rest of the people, ” Don’t be afraid of your enemies! The Lord is great and fearsome. So think of him and fight for your relatives and children, your wives and homes!”
– reconnect with others
– be ready to fight for the right (to party?)
(or maybe it’s the religious right) <– from nora
Sunday, May 23, 2004 10:08:53 AM
“if anyone is making fun of you, or ridiculing you, or mocking the way you believe… …don’t give up.”
“…be prayerful and practicle”
(and don’t forget the cats in the alley — they’re practicle)
1 thought on “nehamiah (more)”
a couple of notes:
* why didn’t we split from that place years ago?
* the cats in the alley… what wonderful memories! i saw him in broadripple last summer. he was on a tandem bike with his parents and the first thing i said to him was,”i could eat you under the table anyday.” how eloquent.