i have spent the better part of the last two days emptying my house of everything i own and doing one of three things with it:
- moving it into storage
- piling it up to give away or sell
- throwing away
- piling it up to take to new zealand with me
pile number four is by far the smallest pile, as i am taking pretty much only summer clothes, my hiking poles, and a few pair of shoes.
the storage unit i’ve rented is about 10 x 15 x 12, and holds a LOT of stuff, so i am actually storing more than i originally planned on doing. i had originally rented a 5 x 10 x 8 unit for this job, but when i went to open it up yesterday morning it was obviously not going to do the trick.
fortunately the place had the larger unit size available — it did not when i first signed up, last month.
i have found a few long-missing odds and ends along the way:
- a friend’s kite strings
- two space heaters
- two humidifiers
- six lamps i was not using
- chinese checkers
- oversized posters of the original mac G4 and 20 inch monitor
- eight backpacks/shoulder bags (no, really)
- two tuxedos
- roughly 4,562,209,023,188 crayons/markers
- a macintosh performa
- double-sized inflatable matress
- 200 pair chopsticks
- menorah candles
mom and dad helped me quite a bit with this whole shebang, there’s no way i could have gotten this much done this quickly by myself. 🙂
and now it is almost time for chinese food.