BBC NEWS | England | Wear | Girl overdoses on espresso coffee

Girl overdoses on espresso coffee

Jasmine was taken to hospital (picture Northern Echo)
A teenager was taken to hospital after overdosing on espresso coffee.
Jasmine Willis, 17, developed a fever and began hyperventilating after drinking seven double espressos while working at her family’s sandwich shop.

seven double espressos.

by my estimation that is nearly 1 400 milligrams of caffeine.

a can of red bull has 100 milligrams.

a story:

once while working an overnight shift at meijer, a coworker and i thought it would be neato to split a box of no-doze.

we each took several of them, i do not recall exactly how many nor what the dose was (if i remember, no doze comes in 100 and 200 milligram varieties?)

in any case, after a couple hours things got seriously strange for me.

i became very paranoid, thinking in turns “i am going insane” and “no, i’m not, it’s just that i’ve had too much caffeine.” and not being able to “talk myself down”.

on the drive home in the early morning hours i had to pull over everytime an oncoming car approached: i was too afraid they were going to hit me.

BBC NEWS | England | Wear | Girl overdoses on espresso coffee

Technorati Tags: , ,

Possibly Related

1 thought on “BBC NEWS | England | Wear | Girl overdoses on espresso coffee

  1. Holy cow! Can you even imagine ordering a drink with FOURTEEN shots in it? The most I ever made for someone was six and even that seemed like a lot. Yikes.

    Now, I need to go have some wake-up coffee… ONE shot for me, thank you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.