Current methods for writing CSS require expert level ability just to get started. To become a CSS expert, you need to spend couple years coding away in your basement by yourself before you are remotely useful. Front-end engineering needs to accomodate entry level, mid level, and architect level developers, but our sites are too brittle. You may have a perfectly accessible or high performance website, and then the first newbie to touch it, ruins it. Our code should be robust enough that newbies can contribute while maintaining the standards weâ€™ve set.
i just remembered my “shinyness to usefulness to awesomeness” chart, and i thought i’d re-post it.
i like it, still:
When Mr. Bush moved in, he exercised his presidential decorating prerogatives and asked his wife, Laura, to supervise the design of a new rug. Mr. Bush loved to regale visitors with the story of the rug, whose sunburst design, he liked to say, was intended to evoke a feeling of optimism.
The rug is still there, as are the presidential portraits Mr. Bush selected â€” one of Washington, one of Lincoln â€” and a collection of decorative green and white plates. During a meeting last week with retired military officials, before he signed an executive order shutting down the prison at GuantÃ¡namo Bay, Cuba, Mr. Obama surveyed his new environs with a critical eye.
â€œHe looked around,â€ said one of his guests, retired Rear Adm. John D. Hutson, â€œand said, â€˜Iâ€™ve got to do something about these plates. Iâ€™m not really a plates kind of guy.â€™Â â€
Invest in and for the future. Right now. Pass it on.
Some passengers screamed, others tucked their heads between their knees, and several prayed over and over: “Lord, forgive me for my sins.” But a man named Josh who was sitting in the exit row did exactly what everyone is supposed to do but few ever do: he pulled out the safety card and read the instructions on how to open the exit door.
- DecalPaper.com – Decals – Waterslide decal paper or inkjet,laser printers Alps & copiers
- Neatorama Â» Blog Archive Â» The Sickest Photo Youâ€™ll See Today â€¦
- Indianapolis Blogging Conference – BlogMOB and BlogIN 2008 | I Choose Indy!
- BlogMob F2F Monday April 14th Monument Circle 12 Noon to 1 pm – Smaller Indiana
- Webkit introduce more new features – CSS3 . Info
- CSS3 Advanced Layout Module
- Future CSS: variables andÂ calculations | Broken Links
- Waxy.org Redesigns – Waxy.org
- Viewfinder: How to Seamlessly “Flickrize” Google Earth
- Betalogue Â» Blog Archive Â» Safari 3.0: Dragging tabs up or down to move them sideways
- Clare Longrigg reports on the letters of jailed Cosa Nostra boss Bernardo Provenzano | World news | The Guardian
- Stephanie Metz Portfolio, Current Work
- The Daily Detour: “Idol Gives Back”
- Paul Rand, Conversations with Students (Monoscope)
- jQuery | DevKick
- 20 More Free First-Class WordPress Themes | Developer’s Toolbox | Smashing Magazine
- Â» SpringLoaded the theme is here Â» The 449
- The Unstandard WordPress theme
- BBtv – Miss Hooker 2008 Beauty Pageant – Boing Boing
- CSS Variables
- CSS3 Basic User Interface Module
- Wall Sticker
- Surface Collective
- Wildflower Organics :: Home DÃ©cor :: Furniture :: Storage :: Graphic Armoire
- Posterwhore – Home
- Seed: Clarke’s Magic
- Missile Balloons – IMAGER.CC
- kung fu grippe
- Google App Engine for developers
- (No title)
- Telstar Logistics: A New Monument for Laika, Russia’s Heroic Space Dog
- Ted Talks: Johnny Lee’s Wii remote hacks – Boing Boing
- Cocoia Blog Â» Swiss Interface Syndrome.
- Why I Let My 9-Year-Old Ride the Subway Alone | The New York Sun
- Six US cities tamper with traffic cameras for profit
- FARS Encyclopedia
- Contest update: Vintage Ads of Fictional Futures | The Skwib
- Shepard Fairey’s covers for Orwell’s Animal Farm and 1984 – Boing Boing
- the perfect martini on Flickr – Photo Sharing!
- xkcd – A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language – By Randall Munroe